My fellow readers,
I wish I would’ve been more attentive to this blog as I had promised. But of course, that wasn’t the case. 19 credits during a school semester along with sorority duties, Senior Editor responsibilities, and a job = recipe for a disaster AKA me. But now that one of my wishes has come true, I truly to do promise to keep you guys up to date with my life, my fashion endeavors, and much more.
Now for the hard part, trying to summarize the entire semester. Since I physically won’t be able to I’ll compose a list of things I loved from the fall.
1. Turtle-necks: You literally cannot go wrong with this. Whether is a turtle neck thick knit dress or a fitted turtle neck shirt, they always work. They make any outfit look chic and conservative. I wore this a couple days ago and its one of my favorite outfits!
Sweater Dress: Brandy Melville (similar here)
Leggings: American Apparel (here)
Short socks: Hanes
Converse: Beige Hi-tops
Bag: Tory Burch (similar here)
2. Floppy Hats: Not a summer hat. But a elegant one in muted colors such as burgundy, black, brown, gray, or beige.
3. Pleated Skirts: Match with opaque tights and booties and a sweater for a preppy but chic look.
4. TIGHTS!!!!: It is not just because I’m obsessed with Blair Waldorf’s persona – tights are essential for the winter. Don’t be a bore and stick to jeans and leggings. Wear that cute summer dress but mute it down with colored tights and knee high boots.
5. Thigh-High Boots: Whether its with jeans or a sweater dress, look sexy but classy with thigh high boots. My favorite pair right now is my Steve Madden ones in a crocodile textured leather (click here).
6. Eyebrow Palettes: I love my eyebrows. Everyone should too. My makeup routine now revolves around filling and perfecting my eyebrows.
7. Open-Toe Booties/Mules: I had a horrible experience buying a pair from Forever21 but I loved the ones from Nine West and from Steve Madden. They really do make or break an outfit.
8. Dark Maroon Lips: I love dark lips. With any outfit. It is so nice and there are so many shades and they just effortlessly depict winter and fall.
9. White Jeans: I’m sorry but I do not follow all the fashion rules. I do wear white after labor day. AND I love it.
10. Handle-Bags: Take my Tory Burch for example. They made my bummy outfit look more dressy while still being effortless. Color-blocking is also a plus.
These are just a few of the many many things I loved about winter. But stay tuned to hear more of all the things I love from winter and fall.
Until next time (and I promise that won’t be too long from now…)